We are back from beautiful Hawai'i. We had a fantastic time, although I am not so sure that the babies were a big fan of some of the roads. We were there for a week and travelled all over. Saw some exciting things...volcanos, red hot lava, tropical rain forests, desert like conditions, etc. We even got to kayak with spinner dolphins one morning!
But enough about us. We had another appointment with the doctor today. He wanted to do another ultrasound to see if there was a membrane between the two. Turns out that if there is not a membrane, then the babies could be at much higher risk. So, of course, we were very happy to see that the membrane is there. They still look to be sharing a placenta, which has its own risks, but he seemed pleased with today's results.
I enjoyed getting to hear the heartbeats and watching the munchkins move around. They are wiggly little things. I can't feel it yet, but am definitely looking forward to it.
Here are the new pics. Thanks for keeping up with us!
Twin A - The face is on the left side of the pic. Looks like s/he is sticking out his/her tongue. I am speculating that the round spot on the right of the pic is the top of Twin B's head.
Twin B is showing us all a nice profile.
Looking down at the top of both of their heads.



Sounds like you had a great time in Hawaii!! I'm so glad you guys got in a nice big exotic vacation before becoming mommy & daddy!!
ReplyDeleteI love the u/s pics!! WOW...it feels more real now. I think I'm still in shock...so exciting to have my baby brother becoming a daddy! Thanks for sharing your journey with us!
Aunt Denise
Oh my goodness - how awesome :) I'm tearing up looking at your pics :) They are so cute! I can't wait to see our little one! So happy for you guys :) and glad that the membrane is there!
ReplyDeleteMuch love!
So cute...baby A already takes after your bad photo habits!
ReplyDeleteMaternal Grandparents were there for the ultrasound and doppler. We will probably be so excited by the time they arrive that no one will want to see us coming with our brag book!
ReplyDelete