Yippee!! We got some wonderful news today. There is a test called a Fetal Fibronectin test. Apparently, the Fibronectin is a substance that is in the uterus that helps to hold the babies into place during the pregnancy. Towards the end of the pregnancy, when your body is starting to get ready to deliver, this starts to break down. If you are leaking this protein, there is an 80% chance that you are going to go into labor within 2 weeks. If the test comes back negative, it tells the doctors that the chances of labor in the next 2 weeks are very low. I got the results this morning and my test came back negative. Fantastic news! This means that I am now allowed to sit up more. And I can get up and move around the house a little more. Still not allowed to do housework or run a marathon, but it is so nice to be able to sit up like a regular person! If I start having contractions, I do have to lie down again. After my appointment yesterday, it looks like my cervix is doing better, too. So, the bedrest has definitely worked. We have made it through the first week and a half and I am now at 31 weeks. The doctor told me yesterday, he will be happy if we make it to 35 weeks. These babies need to stay put until November 1. Anything after that will be icing on the cake.
I know that some of you guys enjoy the baby bump pictures, and I really don't have any standing up since I have been on bedrest. But we did take some shots on September 18. So, it might be a little old, but I thought I would post it anyway.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's great news Dela!! Mile mentioned on the phone last week, but it's great to read all the details. Thanks for keeping us all up to date!
ReplyDeleteI had forgotten all about that test. What peace of mind!! My friend I told you about that had been on bed rest with her first refreshed my memory of the details of her bedrest. She said she was on full bedrest from 27 wks until 36 wks. So definintely a success!! Though she went batty too. ;)
Enjoy the break from housework while you have an excuse. Good thing Mike is good about that kind of stuff. You'll be snuggling those babies before you know it...but not too soon!